Performance Log: One Hot Weekend in Ocean City! (Part 2)

Here’s Part 2!

But first, a minor correction from the last post.

The condo that we stayed at wasn’t in Wilmington, DW, it was in Milford, DW.

On we go!

So, by the time that CJ and I got out of the House of Rock, it was after 1am and we had a little near an hour’s worth of driving time to get to the condo that we had provided for us. We hightailed it out, but we were both feeling the wear and tear of being up without rest for a good while. When I felt myself drifting off, I started talking to C.J. about the show, future plans, and cracking a few jokes between each other along the way. Before I knew it, I was wide awake and I’m pretty sure that this helped CJ since he was driving.

It was 2:19am or so when we arrived at the complex in Milford, but we couldn’t find the location. It turns out that both my phone GPS and CJ’s GPS entered the wrong house number for the place, so even though we arrived, we had no idea where to go. Imagine the relief on my face when I saw that we were only a block or so off from where we needed to be. After we pulled up, I looked on the instructions that were provided for us. There was a spare key that he kept hid in the area (he had a radio show that night and didn’t show up until later on), so we followed the guidelines and looked in the area that he said, BUT IT WASN’T THERE!!!!


Our process went like this: Look here, nothing. Search there, nothing. Two nervous breakdowns here, still nothing.

With the temperature falling to the low 20s, we dreaded the idea of having to sleep in the car until Johnny pulled up. So, we each took breaks and went to the car when it got cold, with each of us looking in separate places. We tried this twice, but came up empty.

When my hope was at its lowest point, CJ shouted “Found the little sucker!” (It was nearly 3am from two to three weeks ago, I don’t remember exact words!) I was ecstatic inside but I let out a very breathy, emotionless “Yesssss”.

Before I knew it, we were in the house and I was on the couch and ready to sleep. I was still in disbelief that we took this long to find a key, but at this point, I was happy to get some sleep.

As I drifted off, I was relaxing and looking forward to what the next day would provide. What did it give? I’ll tell you in the conclusion of this saga! Have a great night, everyone!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>